"Nazis may not be great, but this "gloo-vine" stuff is delicious." - B.J. Blazkowicz
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice into the simmering
water. Push the cloves into the outside of the orange peel and place
peel in the simmering water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes until
thick and syrupy.
- Pour in the wine and heat until steaming but not simmering. Remove the clove-studded orange halves.
- Serve hot in mugs or glasses.