After more than a year (time flies), there is finally a new release.
MAN-AT-ARMS has put most of his time in this new release and as usual ssf.sage managed to fix lots map bugs.
Which resulted in a stable 1.0.0 version of this awesome game.
What do we have ?
The gameplay is exactly the same as in previous release, but its stable and rock solid. So you probably think, so whats new ?
For those of you who know the Quake 3 Arena Engine mod, ioquake3, I have good news for you, all the ioquake3 features are ported to rtcwcoop.
For those of you who don’t know what’s ioquake3 is, these are the important features in a nutshell:
- New sound code to have better sound quality
- 64bit support
- built-in voice-over-ip (voip), if you have a headset and the server enables the feature, you can now talk to your coop friends
- avi video capture of demos, no more rendering thousands of tga files
- much improved autocompletion of console commands
- console history (it remembers the commands from your previous sessions)
- http/ftp downloads, aka faster map downloads
- and lots of bug and security fixes
- A completely new (and optional) renderer, which gives you a lot more eyecandy (to enable it, type in the console: /cl_renderer rend2; vid_restart, to disable it: replace rend2 with opengl1 )
One other important change is that we’ve moved all the coop related files from ‘main’ to a folder called ‘coopmain’, this allows you to mix the stock rtcw mp and sp games with coop, you don’t have to copy all the pk3′s to a new place for coop to work.
How to install:
Unzip the downloaded file into your rtcw installation. Make sure that the ‘coopmain’ folder from the zip file is at the same level as the ‘main’ folder from your rtcw installation.
In case you only have the rtcw pk3′s but no existing installation, unzip the downloaded file, and move your rtcw pk3′s inside the ‘main’ folder.
New Cvars and ConsoleCommands ?