Quote (ned (TOG*neddie))
Yes it's late but it's here. redRum left mapping in pursuit of his musical passion. This combined with a hard drive failure meant this map stayed at 99% complete for many years. I ended up in contact again with him and he gave me permission to finalise as much as possible and release Raw Castle TE. It's not 100% finished but it's 99+ % complete.
Raw Castle Tournament Edition
A Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory custom map.
The allied army has taken a farm in East Anglia. There is a castle down the hill, the Axis are using it as their stronghold. The fortress is strongly defended by an old big wall which the Allies will have to pass through. Valuable documents are resting in a vault inside the castle. Will the Allies be able to steal and transmit them?
Authored by Roger "redRum" Creus
Finalised and released by ned (TOG*neddie)
-with written permission by Roger Creus-
For those that remember the beta version of this map, here's the changelog..
- Fixed the Allied spawn bottom MG's position.
- Fixed the terrain leaks.
- Added the raw_final siren for etmain.
- Non significant changes in the terrain shape.
- Retextured the whole terrain.
- New shader for the hay vanilla texture.
- Removed the resting water.
- Added a slick shader brush onto the frozen lake.
- Removed the alpha texture around the lake borders.
- Fixed light leaks.
- Unclipped the lasting lights that could block players eventually.
- Removed the trickjump spot at the back of the castle.
- Improved vis blocking.
- New phong shaders for the castle towers' textures.
- Lowered the white fog.
- Fixed the command map custom icons.
- Fixed the custom vo sounds.
- Added a locations file for etpro.
- Fixed spelling errors.
- Added surfaceparm alphashadow to the tree models' shader.
- Modified tree clips so it's harder to step on their top.
- Changed default worldspawn and func_groups lightmapscale (1.0) to 0.3.
- New texture transition for the caves' entrance.
- Fixed the tree models' texture conflict.
- Fixed the limbo objective descriptions for both teams.
- Added two new textures.
- Realigned many textures.
- Non significant brushwork changes.
From 99% completion to release by ned with written permission by Roger Creus.
- removed wm_endround wait time to avoid last second win error
- fixed some typos
- fixed path errors in sound script
- fixed path errors in etpro command map icon file raw_te_ETPRO.pk3
- updated readme file
In some parts of the map the mortor will detonate in the sky. This was a known issue in earlier versions and was fixed by red to a point where practical use of the mortor will mostly work.
The map on release is 99+ % complete.
raw_te_final.pk3 goes inside etmain folder.
raw_te_ETPRO.pk3 goes inside etpro folder (if you have one).
• Thanks to redRum for allowing this map to be released after he had moved on from mapping
• Thanks to the TOG Enemy Territory division for their support during beta testing
• Thanks to all players who joined in on the custom map testing nights on the nedETPRO server
-- http://ned.theoldergamers.com/static.ph ... map-nights
• Thanks to TOG rogee for final testing help just prior to release.