ETJump 2.1.0 released
ETJump 2.1.0 is ready! It’s been awhile since the last update. There are some changes in the development team and in the generic focus of the development. Changelog is below.
Here's the download link: ETJump 2.1.0.
Note: if you're running an old OS (e.g. Ubuntu 12) you might need to use the following qagame instead ETJump 2.1.0 GLIBCXX 3.4.15.
We have 3 new developers that are working on various things for the mod. XIS joined the ETJump development team last year and has been working on trickjump lines (a feature from ETPro that allows players to record routes for jumps and display them later). Vallz joined in March and has been working on features to get more statistics on player performance. Ryven also joined in April and is working on client / UI enhancements.
From now on we’ll try to polish the existing features before working on new ones. Generally there has usually been way too many bugs on new features and we’re planning on fixing that for future releases.
Previously ETJump versioning was fairly random. X.Y.Z didn’t really mean anything other than that change in X is larger than in Z and so on. From now on the changes in the version have the following meaning:
Changed Z means that a backward compatible change to the server binary was added. For example a new admin command that requires no changes on the client. This means that server admins can just replace the existing qagame file with a new one. (Assuming the X and Y numbers are the same)
Changed Y means that there was a change in the client and a new pk3 has to be downloaded.
Changed X means that there was a larger change in both client and server that breaks backwards compatibility. For example a change in the timerun system that requires a complete database whipe. (No worries, none are planned at the moment. :) )
Open sourcing the mod. We might do this at some point. There are still plenty of things that need refactoring before I’d consider doing it. :)
Anyone interested in documentation job?:)
The documentation is somewhat lacking at the moment. It’s also hosted on etjump.com and if something happens to the website in the future the documentation will be gone. I decided to start writing the documentation on github pages. Feel free to create pull requests. https://github.com/etjump/documentation
- spawnflags 8: only fires targets if the activating player is currently timerunning
- spawnflags 16: only fires targets if the activating player is currently NOT timerunning
Timer will not be started if player's speed is higher than the value. Default value is 700.
- Fixed issues with timerun timer.
A replacement for
target_activatethat's easier to use and allows more complex designs.
- Fixed lines ending with a ^ breaking newlines.
g_bannersto enable/disable banners altogether.
- Client side autoexec for map specific configs. (autoexec_mapname.cfg).
- Added spawnflags 1 to
target_remove_portalsto disable the text print.
target_interrupt_timerunto stop any timerun without setting a record.
Set's activator's health to the value specified by the health key.
Spawnflags 1 to set once per life.
- Fixed a likely crash on linux client.
- Added cvars to control ghost player's transparency:
etj_ghostPlayersOpacitycontrols ghostplayer's transparency.
etj_ghostPlayersFadeRangecontrols distance when ghostplayer starts to fade.
- Custom vsays: /vsay <variation> <id> <custom text> e.g.
/vsay 4 hi Good evening!.
- UI enhancements:
- optional shadows for runtimer and speed
- runtimer user experience improved
- added cvar to auto hide the timer when it isn't used
- popup message grouping (avoid duplicates)
- teamchat height increased up to 14 lines (from 8)
- Added cvar to control explosives shake
0 disables shaking, 1 disables shaking from own explosives, 2 disables shaking from other player's explosives, 3 default behaviour
- Widescreen support
etj_chatFlagstoggles team flags next to chat messages.
- Improved callvote:
Specs can no longer vote.
Votes will stay for full 30 seconds unless the percentage needed out of number of connected clients has exceeded for either yes or no votes.
For example: 51% => 2 players are in team, 2 in spec => 3 votes are needed. If both players in team vote yes it will wait for 30 seconds and pass. If one of the specs join team vote yes, it will pass instantly. If one of the specs join team and vote no, it will wait for the vote to expire and pass.
- Fixed a bug in listbans.
- Fixed weird coordinates in the chat causing undesired mouse movements
- Bullets and explosives go through ghost players
- vsay correctly displays timestamp
- Added cvar to disable lean when holding
+activatekey along with strafe keys
- Chat improvements:
- Increased chat messages up to 200 chars
- New multiline chat textbox with character counter