CGAC is CyberGamer’s very own anti-cheat. Released to the public early-2014, its purpose is to protect and clean the very ladders, leagues and tournaments CyberGamer operates. We have a number of mechanisms and features in place including hardware grabbing, modified file checks, and game configuration file uploads, so that in cooperation with our game anti-cheat teams, you can have an enjoyable and fun experience on CyberGamer.
To perform an initial installation, you will need to carry out the below steps. Once you have installed the software, on your first launch the program will automatically update your program to the latest version.
- (Uninstall any previous version of CGAC).
- Download the program from this page (or here if that one doesn't work).
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Make sure you have .NET framework 4.0 installed. If you do not have .NET framework 4.0 installed you can download it here.
- Make sure you have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. If you do not have this then you can download it here. Make sure you download and install VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe
- Run setup.exe from within the extracted folder.
- Once installed, please head to your Settings (either the drop-down arrow top right or the 'Settings' button bottom right of your screen), click 'Profile, Games, and Forums', and then select 'Game IDs' - you'll find your auth key and user ID details there.
Should you experience any troubles installing the software, please make sure you add an exception to your anti-virus software, have extracted the ZIP file, and are running the program as administrator.
Issues and Errors
In the event you should come across an error, please contact a member of staff by visiting our support page, making sure to include CGAC in the title. We will be updating our FAQ list over the next few days, in the meantime please refer to the short list at the bottom of this page.
Donate to the Project
Show your support to the program and send a small donation as a token of thanks! To do so, just click here. It takes only a moment and will help us to continue to develop CGAC to help better protect our ladders, leagues and tournaments.
0. How do I find out my User ID and Auth Key?
- Please head to your Settings (either the drop-down arrow top right or the 'Settings' button bottom right of your screen), click 'Profile, Games, and Forums', and then select 'Game IDs' - you'll find your details there.
1. iw3mp.exe crashes after joining server.
- Open your current used config.
- Select all the commands that start with seta l (the letter L) and remove them.
- Copy in these commands:
- seta loc_forceEnglish "0"
seta loc_language "0"
seta log "0"
seta lowAmmoWarningPulseFreq "1.7"
seta lowAmmoWarningPulseMax "1.5"
seta lowAmmoWarningPulseMin "0"
- Save your config.
2. The maximum number of allowed instances has been running.
- You already have an active version of CGAC running. Please close this version through your task manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC).
3. login.ini file corrupted. Please delete this file and try again.
- As per the instruction, please delete the login.ini file (located inside the CyberGamer install folder) and relaunch the program. You will need to enter in your details, press Launch, and the application will build a new file.
XP USERS: - We will issue a permanent fix for this error as soon as possible - it seems XP handles various aspects much differently. As a temporary solution, please download Notepad++ or some other .ini text editor, copy the below text, changing the userid and authkey to your details. You'll find out how to do this at the top of this FAQ list.
userid=YOUR USER ID
authkey=YOUR AUTH KEY
game=System.Windows.Controls.ComboBoxItem: CALL OF DUTY 4
4. Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files(x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\...\config_mp.cfg" (or active.txt)
- Please go to C:\Users\WINDOWS USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare and copy the 'players' folder to your main Call of Duty 4 install directory.
5. Injection to the target process failed. See InnerException for more detail.
- You need to run CGAC as administrator. You can do this by right clicking on CGAC.exe and selecting 'Run as Administrator'.
6. No game icon alongside username on match page.
- Please ensure that you start CGAC before launching your game. Failing this, please restart the application and try again.
7. Connection with the remote server could not be initiated.
- The software is failing to send the required data to the CyberGamer website. Please disable your windows firewall and any anti-virus software firewalls.
If the previous solution did not work try to clear the contents of the DNS client resolver cache, you do this by opening cmd and type in ipconfig /flushdns.
8. You are not owner of the Call of Duty 4 Folder.
- Delete the CoD4 directory from Virtual Store
- Run iw3mp as administrator from the directory on the C:Drive (or the drive its installed on)
- Run CGAC as administrator (you can do this from the CyberGamer directory)
9. Can I use CGAC on a Mac or Linux?
- At this point in time there are no plans to extend development to these platforms. It costs a significant amount of time and resources to sufficiently develop software on these platforms and their current level of use is extremely small amongst our user base.
If you would like to play through a Mac, you will need to dual boot Windows on a separate partition on your hard drive. You can do this quickly and easily using Boot Camp - http://www.apple.com/uk/support/bootcamp/
10. Any other questions.
Join this xfire group: http://www.xfire.com/clans/cgachelpgroup/
And ask for badkip. Make sure he is not in-game and check if he has time to fix your problem.